Help is needed to make this a memorable event. Here are some ways you can participate in the creation!
- WELCOME TABLE: NEED someone with computer skills to create the ubiquitous Yearbook Photo Nametags! Don’t know about you, but I need all the help I can get to recognize faces and names! And volunteer greeters.
- DECORATIONS AND MEMORABILIA: we have some volunteers for this and can always use more help. Thanks to Joyce Garbee Siddons and Carol Noell Brogan for spearheading this and to Dana Newcomb, Terry Moyers Mason, Elizabeth Brooks Farnsworth, Janet Wood Childress, Martha Jones Cousins, Martha Sweeney Packett and Cindy Crouch Willoughby for offering to help. Please let me know if you want to join in and I will send contact info. Got class memorabilia you can lend?
- TECH HELP: Let me know if you have good skills in setting up computer slide or video shows, and sound and microphone equipment.
- MUSIC: Thanks to Cindy Crouch Willoughby for finding a DJ. Later I’m going to ask for your fave 10 songs of the era, so start thinking about it!
- ENTERTAINMENT: Additional activities can include some trivia cards, classmate quiz and prizes, photo booth, and a MASTER OF CEREMONIES! Our class president cannot attend and the vice president is deceased, so I’m looking for someone to do welcome speech and direct activities.
- COMPUTER PRESENTATION SKILLS: Do you have experience creating basic Powerpoint-style looping slide shows? We need someone to put together a memorial slide show for our deceased classmates.
- WEEKEND ACTIVITIES: Randee Perkey Humphrey has graciously offered to put together a tour of Lynchburg sights, and needs someone in town who can help with onsite contacts. Let me know if you’re interested and I will put you in touch.
- SPONSORS: Looking for classmates or businesses to sponsor any part of this event: pre-event, bar, entertainment, ticket scholarships and whatever else you can think of. Thanks to those who have already offered financial help!
Sounds like a lot, right? But it only takes a few people to volunteer for one thing to make this an event to remember!